05 June 2012

Boardman SLR 9.8 Review


A very good review from Cycling Tips by Matt Wikstrom. Click HERE
Although my bike did not come with an integrated seat-post, and not with Zipp 202 tubular, this road bike is much better than my previous Argon18 in terms of stiffness, handling, and climbing efficacy. I was very confident with this frame that I managed to register 61km/hr downhill from Bukit Lee Ribber last Sunday. It may look slow for others, but that is my record speed.
I didn't have problems with derailleur cables noise/twang.
I agreed with him that this bike is for aggressive riders, that can stretch down for more aero position.
My old spine cannot do that for a longer duration, so I put 4.5cm spacers under the stem.
So far I'm happy with this bike. Compared with other top-end carbon frames in the market it is value for money and looking forward to the next 140km event organized end of this month.
Oh, I forgot that I need more training!
Boardman SLR 9.8 on the wall

No comments: