01 January 2013

Repair and Painting SRAM Red Shifters

I had a fall from roadbike due to a  front tire puncture 2 weeks ago. That resulted in damage and scratches at both shifters, scratches at SRAM white wording, and a break at the right hood. The shifters and brake levers still working but those exposed carbon were very ugly.
I decided to repair it myself - DIY. I ordered a new pair of black hoods and bought 1 small can of black glossy paint. (white old pain already in store), fine sandpaper and a pair of small painting brushes.
I polished that ugly exposed carbon with fine sandpaper and carefully painted it with black glossy paint. The scratch SRAM wording at the left shifter is painted with white paint. Still not perfect and smooth, but that's okay for now.
Then the new black hoods were put in.
 ** BEFORE **
 ** AFTER **

No comments: