28 March 2011

Tawan Puncak Bukit Fraser - Fraser's Hill sumit Conquered

From Tranum to Fraser's Hill summit.
Actually, the plan was to cycle from Raub town all the way to the summit, but due to one rider's lack of training, the plan changed to riding from Tranum. I parked my car at Tranum's Police Station and started riding at 8.30am.
Reached the Gap 1 hr 40 minutes later. Relax and refueling - eating nasi lemak at the food stall there while waiting for 11am uphill.
The ride from the Gap to the summit was really challenging. Initially, we can cycle at 15km/h then slow down to 6km/hr at 4km from Fraser's town. I think you can walk faster than cycling. This really tests our mental and physical strength. I can feel my heart rate pumping really hard. (later I found my max HR =176/min).

relax at Pekan Bukit Fraser
The rider in blue trousers is Yusof Saidina from Majlis Daerah Kuala Kubu Baru. He rode alone from KKB to Gap.
We meet him at the food stall and persuade him to follow us uphill to the summit.
Alhamdulillah after 40 minutes of hard riding, Karim and I reached safely the summit.
Azizul Karim (Hj. Karim's son) and Yusof (rider from Kuala Kubu Baru) arrived much earlier.
Powerful young riders rode Mountain bike with knoby tires.


We attract a lot of attention for the local tourist in Fraser's town.
Mohamad Yusof and a friend from Klang just completed the PEKA Mountain Bike Jamboree 2011- 35 km ride from Kuala Kubu to Selangor dam in the morning. They then did Fraser's hill riding.

While riding AhCai told me about an accident involving a cyclist on 26/3/11 - more news here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Power gile!