28 July 2010

KONA Cinder Cone 2009 and 2010 model

Why suddenly did this beautiful white Miss Cindy Cone appear in my backyard?.
In just 3 weeks I change the 'frame' of my mountain bike to a new KONA Cinder Cone 17 inch.
All the other parts except the seat post (uno Carbon) and headset (Mortop seal-bearing) are retained.
When I bought the CUBE Aim 16", the idea was to go for an off-road trail -uphill & downhill.
Only one group plays downhill at 'Bukit MCA' the rest are more into road/urban riding.
Downhill is not for me, so I follow the majority riding at night on alternate days twice or thrice a week. I'm 178cm tall, to have better handling in road rides I have to change to a longer frame, hence the 17" Cinder cone.

How to calculate the bicycle frame for your height?.

You need to measure your inseam in centimeters (cm)
(Inseam x 0.65) - 10 = frame size in cm. To convert to inch, divide 2.5
In my case: 80cm x 0.65 = 52-10 =42cm -> 42/2.5=16.8" (17 inches)
A cinder cone or scoria cone is a steep conical hill of tephra (volcanic debris) that accumulates around and downwind from a volcanic vent (from Wikipedia)

Tabib's Kona Cinder Cone
Here is a comparison of both frames.

Kona Cinder Cone 17 inch geometry specification
Kona Cinder Cone 17 geometryCUBE Aim 16 inch geometry Specification (in millimetre).
CUBE 16in geo spec

KONA Logo2009 model

KONA Cinder Cone 2009 model2010 model
KONA Cinder Cone 2010 model
Red Kona Cindy 2010

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!.. cute Miss Cindy! :-)